Looking for new methods of growing tastier and more nutritious food? Smiling Gardener’s approach to organic gardening is getting materials from his own backyard and neighborhood to make homemade fertilizers and uses these stuffs to grow the most nutrient-dense and healthiest plants. This review will walk you through the different organic fertilizers recommended for your use.
The Organic Fertilizer Guide
This page has all the information you may need to promote optimal health in your organic yard. According to the website, one important factor to gardening success is having those beneficial microorganisms bursting in your garden.
- Microbial Inoculants – these are beneficial microorganisms that bring in the life in your garden. They are needed to feed your plants, supply them water and protect them from harmful predators. You have the option to use Mycorrhizal fungi, compost tea, or EM and SCD Probiotics. A detailed description of these products is provided on the site.
- Liquid Organic Fertilizers – this will supply the needed the minerals and vitamins. Know that plants need dozens of minerals. To boost their health naturally, you can use liquid seaweed fertilizer, sea minerals fertilizer, liquid fish fertilizer, and/or molasses or dextrose.
- Mineral Fertilizers – Even without soil test, rock dust and calcium carbonate are 2 products you can readily use. These dry organic mineral fertilizers boost your soil’s fertility.
Make Your Own Homemade Organic Fertilizer
Did you know that the best liquid fertilizers come from the ocean? Get the proper mixture and watch your plants grow robustly.
- Liquid Kelp Fertilizer – Use seaweeds to make this liquid fertilizer. Seaweed has a natural plant growth regulator that helps a lot in plant processes.
- Ocean water contains over 80 minerals that are readily available to plants once you applied them.
- Liquid Fish fertilizer – grind fish in a strong food processor, add a little water and you have a basic fish fertilizer.
- Sugar - molasses and dextrose are suggested on the site but you can also use other sugar or even Coke. Mix it with water and spray it on your plants.
Sea Kelp Fertilizer Or Sea Minerals Fertilizer? Knowing Which Is Right For You
Smiling Gardener has some tips on what to buy so you can easily determine which product is right for you. Categorized in 3 as beginner, intermediate, or advanced, the page outlines the important products to use as well as the ideal measurements. To get the best value for your money, visit www.smilinggardener.com before making or purchasing any organic fertilizer.